With this new 100% electric version, Peugeot takes another step in offering business users a Partner range with power units suitable for all kinds of use, reducing the environmental footprint and the dependence on fossil fuels while also improving driving pleasure. The new Partner, restyled in spring 2012, has excellent fuel economy and low CO2 emissions on its internal combustion versions and there will be notable new model offered at 118g/km CO2 from November 2012.
The new 100% electric version makes it possible to go further and offers business users a solution for every use. The new Partner Electric allows access to low emissions restricted zones, without having to make a compromise on practicality and driving pleasure.
Based on the normal Partner, the new Partner Electric brings together the latest technological innovations related to this energy source:
- Equipped with an electric drive train fitted under the bonnet, the Partner Electric operates on two high-energy lithium-ion battery packs with a capacity of 22.5kW/h. Fitted to the under body of the vehicle, either side of the rear axle, they preserve Partner’s road handling behaviour as well as the useable dimensions of the load space.
- Partner Electric has a high performance and compact electric motor of the permanent magnet, synchronous type. This motor is able to offer dynamic performance of the first order with a power of 49kW (67bhp) and torque of 200Nm, available instantly. Associated with a constant single speed gear reduction unit, the result is a sensation of brio and flexibility as soon as the vehicle moves off and during all phases off acceleration − without the need to change gear. The silence of operation, a characteristic of electric vehicles, completes the driving pleasure found on board the Partner Electric.
- To make it suitable for all types of daily use, Partner Electric benefits from two charging modes for its battery: a normal charge (up to 16A) in 6 to 9 hours and a fast charge (up to 125A) allowing recovery of 80% of the capacity of the batteries in only 30 minutes. The normal charging flap is located on the right hand front wing of the vehicle, while the fast charge socket takes the place of the fuel filler flap on the left hand rear wing.
- The range of 170km / 105 miles* on the European cycle (NEDC) places Partner Electric as the new benchmark in the electric small van segment.
The new Partner Electric brings a combination of unequalled abilities to the electric small van segment, for a use that is optimised in terms of both comfort and safety:
- Innovative eco-driving: the presence, clearly visible in the instrument panel, of an energy consumption or recovery indicator is a constant aid for the driver in adopting an economical driving style. An auxiliary consumption gauge (heating and air conditioning) completes the provision of information for the driver. Furthermore, the trip computer displays the remaining range and the average energy consumption in kWh.
- Dual energy recovery: Partner Electric recovers energy during deceleration but also during active braking, converting kinetic energy into electrical energy. In this way the driving range is better preserved.
- Efficient temperature control: the 100% electric heating system provides rapid warming of the cabin. It also benefits from an ‘eco mode’ that maintains ventilation in the cabin without excessive consumption of electrical power, in this way preserving the range of the vehicle.
- An electronic stability system (ESP) as standard, coupled with hill start assist, positions the Partner Electric as the benchmark in the segment in terms of safety and driver convenience.
Available in two lengths (L1: 4.38m and L2: 4.63m), the Partner Electric offers the largest load volumes in the small van segment. The load volume of up to 3.3m3 for L1 with a load length of 1.80m and 3,7m3 for L2 with a load length of 2.05m, for a payload of up to 685kg*, are the best in its category.
The new Partner Electric is the realisation of the cooperative agreement for the development of an electric drive train suitable for LCVs reached with Mitsubishi Motors Corporation in 2010. As with the other Partner models, the new Partner Electric will be produced at PSA Peugeot-Citroën’s Vigo plant in Spain.