MUGEN (M-TEC Co., Ltd.,) will, as “TEAM MUGEN”, once again participate in the TT Zero Challenge class at the 2017 Isle of Man TT races, to be held from May, 27th (Sat.) through to June, 9th (Fri.), 2017 on the Isle of Man.
Team Mugen will be continuing the challenge of participating in the Isle of Man TT races, which started in 2012 as their unique project to foster young engineers and conduct developments in a new area. At their 3rd year's attempt, in 2014, TEAM MUGEN won the event, and since then has been victorious each successive year.
For this year's event Team Mugen will race with SHINDEN ROKU, which has been extensively developed from the 2016 race-winning machine, (SHINDEN GO).
● Machine Name: SHINDEN ROKU
● Overall Length/width/height (mm): 2,125 / 680 / 1,130
● Ground Clearance (mm): 130
● Seat Height (mm): 810
● Total Weight (kg): 248
● Tire (Front): 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
● Tire (Rear): 200/55ZR17M/C (78W)
● Frame: CFRP Monocoque frame
● Motor Type: Oil-cooled, 3-phase, Brushless Motor
Maximum Output (kW[PS]): 120[163.2]
Maximum Torque (Nm [kgfm]): 210 [21.4]
Battery Specification: Laminate-type Lithium-ion
Battery Output Voltage (V): 370 or more